The GA ESOL International exam format is changing!
Following a periodic review of the examination content of our ESOL International papers in 2017, which has taken into account feedback from industry professionals, schools, candidates and teachers, GA has updated the exam specifications for these qualifications. We will be introducing these changes on 1st January 2018. For details of the changes, please click here.
Want to offer these qualifications? Become a Centre
The Gatehouse Awards ESOL International qualifications are internationally recognised and offer a comprehensive assessment of English language ability and skills for non-native English speakers. The qualifications appear on the Ofqual Register of regulated qualifications.
- These qualifications are mapped to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Qualifications are available at each level as either 2-mode Speaking & Listening only, or as 4-mode (Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing) qualifications
- Assessment is on-demand
- Assessments are via materials written and set by Gatehouse Awards staff
- All assessment tasks use familiar and routine contexts your learners will be familiar with
- Unit certification is available
- Certification turn around times are unrivalled
Our ESOL International qualifications at Levels A1, A2 and B1 are designed for learners who are not native English speakers and who wish to gain an internationally recognised qualification in ESOL. These qualifications are suitable for learners who are preparing for entry to higher education or professional employment in the UK or internationally. The qualifications are available at A1 (Entry Level 1), A2 (Entry Level 2) and B1 (Entry Level 3)